The mission of Family Promise of Whitfield County is to offer homeless families with children the opportunity to achieve housing stability by providing short term shelter, food, case management and hospitality. Family Promise is a cooperative effort that addresses the needs of homeless families by utilizing resources within local churches and the community. Please contact Amy Kleem at 706-529-4637 for more information on how to be a part of this great ministry to homeless families.
Did you know?
- The average age of a homeless person in the United States is 9 years old?
- Each night, about 800 school children in Whitfield County and Dalton Public Schools are considered homeless?
- The Dalton Whitfield Community Development Corporation estimates that nearly 25% of Whitfield County residents are either homeless or living in substandard or dilapidated housing?
- Family Promise is the only shelter for homeless families in Whitfield County? (Limited resources are available through the Salvation Army, Action Ministries, and DWCDC.)
- 15% of Whitfield County residents live in poverty? 17% of all children in our county live in poverty?